CAT’s coming up…and all I have on my mind is what I shall be doing once the big exam gets over. God help me! 🙂
Let’s backpack & explore India!
Once a desi! Always a desi! A quintessential Indian at heart might get the opportunity to visit some of the most glamorous cities across the world…but for an Indian romance is always about Taj Mahal & NOT Paris . So here’s all that I plan to do once I am done with exams. I love holidays!
Idea: Backpacking India like a tourist – Explore & work at the same time. Like a Digital Nomad. Fun!
Target: Explore a minimum of 10 states – mostly visit villages.
Time: 15-20 days
Budget: Very tight. Remember – Backpacking!
- Say no to Flights – Only trains (preferably sleeper class – you are more likely to get talking with the fellow passengers in this class, than in 3-tier A.C.)
- Don’t miss on tractor rides in village farms. They have a different charm.
- Try to stay in homes of villagers.
- Make a mark in their life – do something remarkable for them!
- Food – eat their staple diet. (I can still choose to be vegetarian)
- Work during travel. Plan your day accordingly so that you can steal out some time to work.
- Blog every day – tough one!
- Click Pictures – lots of them.
- Carry only one backpack – no frills packing!
I want to do this very badly. Let’s see I can work upon this one. I need to decide on the region I would like to cover. I have two choices in mind at the moment – up north around the Himalayas or down south(Andamans road trip). Both seem too adventurous and exciting!